BOST RESPONDS TO IRANIAN MISSLES
To read the full article, please click here.
MURPHYSBORO — U.S. Rep. Mike Bost, R-Murphysboro, on Wednesday responded to reports of Iranian missile attackes on two Iraqi airbarses housing American troops.
On Wednesday, the U.S. and Iran stepped back from the brink of possible war. President Donald Trump indicated he would not respond militarily after no one was harmed in Iran’s missile strike.
Speaking from the White House, Trump seemed intent on de-escalating the crisis, which reached a new height after he authorized the targeted killing last week of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force. Iran retaliated by firing more than a dozen missiles from its territory at the U.S. installations.
“I’m thankful that no American blood was shed during last night’s attacks and continue to pray for our men and women in uniform,” Bost said.
“President Trump sent a strong message to the world that the United States will stand against terrorism and a nuclear Iran,” Bost said. “Hopefully, this will be an inflection point that spurs our friends and allies to join our efforts to promote peace and deter future terrorist attacks in the region.”