Washington, D.C. — Today, Congressman Mike Bost (IL-12) voted to dismantle Obamacare, defund Planned Parenthood and slash the deficit by more than half-a-trillion dollars, as the House passed the Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015.
“President Obama promised his failed health care law would reduce costs and improve access to quality care,” said Rep. Bost. “Instead, we’ve seen just the opposite happen. The American people now know this plan is unaffordable and unworkable and needs to be replaced. Southern Illinoisans should have the right to make their own health care choices, minus the dictates of Washington bureaucrats.”
“In addition, our constituents should not be forced to support organizations whose agenda and practices violate their core moral beliefs,” added Bost. “Planned Parenthood’s business of selling fetal body parts is an example of these practices. That’s why I support directing these funds to the dozens of federally-qualified health centers and clinics located throughout the 12th Congressional District.”
The Restoring Americans’ Healthcare Freedom Reconciliation Act of 2015:
- Repeals the Obamacare slush fund and eliminates the individual and employer mandates;
- Repeals the medical device and “Cadillac” tax;
- Eliminates federal funding for Planned Parenthood;
- Reduces the deficit by $516 billion over the 2016-2025 period;
- Provides grants to states to respond to the substance abuse and mental health crisis; and
- Directs women’s health funding to Federally Qualified Health Centers. There are 51 Rural Health Centers and Federally Qualified Health Centers in the 12th Congressional District compared to one Planned Parenthood clinic.