WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Representatives Mike Bost (IL-12) today voted against House Democrats’ $1.9 trillion COVID-19 package, which directed just nine percent of the funding relief to addressing the pandemic.

“Up to this point, every piece of COVID-19 relief legislation that has been signed into law has been bipartisan, and I have supported all five,” said Bost. “But this time around, Nancy Pelosi pushed forward on her own bill without any input from congressional Republicans. Only 9% of the funding in this bill goes to COVID-19 relief, while the other 91% funded their liberal wish list in disguise. It’s critical we find real, targeted solutions to keeping our communities healthy and getting Americans back to school and work; but we must do so without breaking the bank for future generations.”

Bost previously voted for all five of the bipartisan COVID-19 packages negotiated in the House, while introducing the VA VACCINE Act to expand access to vaccines for veterans and supporting bipartisan efforts to provide additional vaccine distribution funding.